45° FinOps Content
FinOps Event 15/03/2022
The digital shift forces companies to innovate and rethink their digital strategies. That’s why lots of businesses are adopting cloud technology. However, cloud technology comes with a new financial model where variable spending is the new standard. The agility inherent to cloud technology has its flipside: the invoice from hell every CIO or CFO fears. Nobody saw it coming and nobody knows what triggered it. We want to introduce you to the ins and outs of Cloud Financial Management (aka FinOps). We will explain how to control the financial aspect of your cloud journey. And how to make most of your cloud investment.
45 Degrees hosted a hybrid event on March 15th 2022 on the topic of Cloud Financial Management. We had an audience in the room and a remote audience. We covered general concepts, but not just from a theoretical perspective. We had Koen Devos from Ahold Delhaize with us to explore how we are driving their FinOps journey. On this page you can find the recording of this event, split in 4 parts:
- Part 1 was setting the scene, positioning FinOps. Topics like:
- Why is financial management in a cloud environment different?
- What is FinOps’ position in a broader cloud environment?
- What is Cloud cost management versus full FinOps?
- What does a FinOps team setup looks like?
- In part 2 we introduced Koen Devos and explore with Koen how the FinOps journey at Ahold Delhaize is positioned in the broader cloud transformation journey.
- In the third part we went deeper into how we approach FinOps. Why is adopting FinOps not like climbing the Mount Everest?
- In the last part we listened to Koen Devos to hear how this is done at Ahold Delhaize, where they are and how the next steps look like.
Part 1 : FinOps Positioning
Part 2 : FinOps @ Ahold Delhaize
Part 3 : FinOps Approach
Part 4 : FinOps Approach @ Ahold Delhaize
Part of the Cronos Group
Need some help or guidance on your transformation journey? We are happy to listen, and even more to help.